Sunapsys currently has an opening for an Automation Systems Engineer. In this position, you will be part of a team that designs and implements control systems for a variety of industrial and municipal applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop PLC programs for control and data collection
- Develop HMI (Human Machine Interface) applications
- Develop top level SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) applications
- Work with SQL databases for data collection, charting and reporting
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
- Onsite start-up and installation
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organizational and time management skills, excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Allen-Bradley and Modicon PLC programming, HMI software, and Ignition SCADA software a plus
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Have good personal presentation
Sunapsys offers a full complement of benefits including 100% paid health insurance, 401(k) with company match, and generous PTO. Roanoke offers very affordable housing, short commutes, an abundance of outdoor activities, and numerous dining and entertainment options.