Since its founding in 1994 Sunapsys has been providing superior control system integration services to clients that need stable and reliable systems. Due to the confidential nature of our role, we cannot list here many of the industrial projects we have completed but we will provide a reference list upon request.
- Selected, based on qualifications, by the Bedford Regional Water Authority to provided system integration services for the new Smith Mountain Lake water treatment plant.
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 4th time, becoming one of only 33 System Integrators in the world to achieve this milestone.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Premier Level" integrator status for version 7.7.
- Hired three new Associates, bringing employee count to 18. One of the new associates is strategically located near Charlottesville, VA in order to better serve our clients in that region.
- Completed our 16th Ignition SCADA installation.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Premier Level" integrator status. We are the 14th system integrator in the United States and the 2nd serving the Mid-Atlantic states to earn this distinction.
- Selected, based on qualifications, by the Giles County Public Service Authority, to upgrade their SCADA system. In addition to upgrading the SCADA system, leased-line communication with RTUs will be replaced with a high-speed wireless network.
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 3rd time.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Gold Level" integrator status.
- Achieved Rockwell Automation's "Recognized System Integrator" status.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Anderson Construction, the Maury Service Authority Water Treatment Plant upgrade project.
- Won, based on qualifications, Rockbridge County PSA SCADA upgrade project valued at $298,000. Project includes our first Linux based SCADA system.
- Completed the Lexington/Maury Service Authority Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $1,250,000.
- Key associates purchased firm from majority shareholder making Sunapsys 100% associate owned.
- Completed the Culpeper Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $560,000 bringing the total value of projects completed for Culpeper to over $1,000,000.
- Designed and delivered 29 control panels, valued at over $430,000, to Yokohama Tire Company as part of a plant modernization project.
- Won, as a subcontractor to English Construction, the Lexington/Maury Service Authority Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $1,000,000.
- Selected, based on work completed in 2003, to deliver control system and integration services for Azdel's Line 4 valued at over $170,000.
- Completed the Dahlgren Naval Facility Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $200,000.
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 2nd time.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Norair, the Dahlgren Naval Facility Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $200,000.
- Delivered over 300 control panels to international port crane manufacturer located in China.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Adams Robinson, WWTP expansion project for the Town of Culpeper, valued at over $500,000.
- Selected, based on qualifications, to provide control and SCADA system for new NRRWA water treatment plant, valued at over $850,000.
- Moved to Third Street
- 6500 sq ft facility on 5 acres
- Changed name to Sunapsys, Inc.
- Became a Certified Integrator (through an intensive auditing process) by the CSIA
- Was awarded the systems integration, as a subcontractor to English Construction, for the Vint Hill Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade Phase I, valued at over $250,000.
- As part of the Moneta Resource Group team, was awarded the design and construction of the new Moneta Wastewater Treatment Plant, the state's first waste treatment facility built using the PPEA legislation. Contract value of over $400,000.
- Was awarded contract for the Rapidan Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade in Greene County, Virginia. Award valued at over $105,000.
- Won project to deliver control system for Azdel plant expansion (Line 3) valued at over $140,000.
- Was selected to provide complete system integration services for a major plant expansion at Metalsa Roanoke that doubled the size of their truck rail manufacturing capacity. Project valued at over $700,000.
- Contracted to replace the aging computer controlled (VAX) AS/RS system at a local manufacturing facility with a more modern control system utilizing PLC's. Contract valued at over $130,000.
- Was awarded the phased, multi-year contract by the Town of Vinton to replace their antiquated SCADA system. Award value of over $350,000.
- Contracted by a medical device manufacturer located in South Carolina, to design, build, and implement a control system for automating their manufacturing processes. Contract valued at over $240,000.
- Won contract to provide Metier control panels for Celanese Acetate in Narrows, Virginia valued at $235,000.
- Partnered with the large, multi-disciplined engineering firm, AECOM to design and program the control system at the first of several water treatment plants around the state of Virginia.
- Joined Virginia Rural Water Association as Associate Member.
- Moved to Commonweath Drive
- 4500 sq ft facility (shared with another company)
- Multiple manufacturing industry clients served
- Began supplying control systems to the municipal water / waste water industry
- 11 Employees
- Moved to Bent Mountain Road
- 2000 sq ft facility (shared with another company)
- 5 Employees
- Company Founded to provide system integration services to the manufacturing industry
- One manufacturing customer served