Since its founding in 1994 Sunapsys has been providing superior control system integration services to clients that need stable and reliable systems. Due to the confidential nature of our role, we cannot list here many of the industrial projects we have completed but we will provide a reference list upon request.
- Upgraded the control systems at the Christiansburg WWTF to CompactLogix PLCs
- Provided controls, communications, and SCADA for the new Prices Fork pump station, 5 additional new sites, and control upgrades at 5 existing sites.
- Provided control upgrades and SCADA integration of 3 pump stations for Fauquier County WSA.
- Provided pump station controls and SCADA integration for new Bedford Middle School
- Installed multi-jurisdictional SCADA system for monitoring water distribution resources across 4 governmental entities. This included the installation of a high-speed wireless backbone network and reuse of existing SCADA rsources.
- Upgraded Remington WWTP SCADA system from Wonderware to Ignition
- Upgraded Christiansburg WWTF SCADA system to Ignition
- Selected to provide controls and SCADA for an upgrade to the Boydton, VA WWTP
- Selected, based on qualifications, by the NRV Regional Water Authority to provide system integration services.
- Implemented glycol control system for regional food plant
- Upgraded extrusion controls at fiber products plant
- Selected to provided system integration services for the new Bedford Regional Water Authority Smith Mountain Lake Water Treatment Plant.
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 4th time, becoming one of only 33 System Integrators in the world to achieve this milestone.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Premier Level" integrator status for version 7.7.
- Hired three new Associates, bringing employee count to 18.
- Completed our 16th Ignition SCADA installation.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Premier Level" integrator status. We are the 14th system integrator in the United States and the 2nd serving the Mid-Atlantic states to earn this distinction.
- Selected, based on qualifications, by the Giles County Public Service Authority, to upgrade their SCADA system including the design and installation of a high-speed wireless communications network in a very mountainous region.
- Implemented plant-wide SCADA system for production and quality information at a forging and machining plant
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 3rd time.
- Achieved Inductive Automation's "Gold Level" integrator status.
- Achieved Rockwell Automation's "Recognized System Integrator" status.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Anderson Construction, the Maury Service Authority Water Treatment Plant upgrade project.
- Provided the first control panels to an OEM fabricating wastewater handling equipment
- Won, based on qualifications, Rockbridge County PSA SCADA upgrade project valued at $298,000. Project includes our first Linux based SCADA system.
- Completed the Lexington/Maury Service Authority Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $1,250,000.
- Key associates purchased firm from majority shareholder making Sunapsys 100% associate owned.
- Completed the Culpeper Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $560,000 bringing the total value of projects completed for Culpeper to over $1,000,000.
- Designed and delivered 29 control panels, valued at over $430,000, to Yokohama Tire Company as part of a plant modernization project.
- Won, as a subcontractor to English Construction, the Lexington/Maury Service Authority Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $1,000,000.
- Selected, based on work completed in 2003, to deliver control system and integration services for Azdel's Line 4 valued at over $170,000.
- Passed the CSIA Certification Audit for the 2nd time.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Norair, the Dahlgren Naval Facility Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade valued at over $200,000.
- Delivered over 300 control panels to international port crane manufacturer located in China.
- Won, as a subcontractor to Adams Robinson, WWTP expansion project for the Town of Culpeper, valued at over $500,000.
- Selected, based on qualifications, to provide control and SCADA system for new NRRWA water treatment plant, valued at over $850,000.
- Moved to Third Street location in Vinton, VA
- 6500 sq ft facility on 5 acres
- Changed name to Sunapsys, Inc.
- Became a Certified Integrator (through an intensive auditing process) by the CSIA
- Was awarded the systems integration, as a subcontractor to English Construction, for the Vint Hill Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade Phase I, valued at over $250,000.
- As part of the Moneta Resource Group team, was awarded the design and construction of the new Moneta Wastewater Treatment Plant, the state's first waste treatment facility built using the PPEA legislation. Contract value of over $400,000.
- Was awarded contract for the Rapidan Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade in Greene County, Virginia. Award valued at over $105,000.
- Won project to deliver control system for Azdel plant expansion (Line 3) valued at over $140,000.
- Was selected to provide complete system integration services for a major plant expansion at Metalsa Roanoke that doubled the size of their truck rail manufacturing capacity. Project valued at over $700,000.
- Contracted to replace the aging computer controlled (VAX) AS/RS system at a local manufacturing facility with a more modern control system utilizing PLC's. Contract valued at over $130,000.
- Was awarded the phased, multi-year contract by the Town of Vinton to replace their antiquated SCADA system. Award value of over $350,000.
- Contracted by a medical device manufacturer located in South Carolina, to design, build, and implement a control system for automating their manufacturing processes. Contract valued at over $240,000.
- Won contract to provide Metier control panels for Celanese Acetate in Narrows, Virginia valued at $235,000.
- Partnered with the engineering firm, AECOM to design and program the control system at the first of several water treatment plants around the state of Virginia.
- Supplied controls and system integration for the rebuilding of an auto parts foundry $300,000
- Joined Virginia Rural Water Association as Associate Member.
- Moved to Commonweath Drive
- 4500 sq ft facility (shared with another company)
- Multiple manufacturing industry clients served
- Began supplying control systems to the municipal water / waste water industry
- 11 Employees
- Provided controls and monitoring for wells and tanks at West Jefferson, NC
- Provided controls for main assembly line and auxilliary line for vending machine manufacturer
- Moved to Bent Mountain Road
- 2000 sq ft facility (shared with another company)
- 5 Employees
- Company founded as Synchrony Industrial Controls to provide system integration services to the manufacturing industry
- One manufacturing customer served